Before This time I took a shortcut putting together an Easter themed cake. I bought…
I found these cupcakes on Pinterest by delish.com. Unusual for me, I followed their directions exactly (except for doubling the recipe for the crowd that I was expecting). Here is what my version looked like!
My guests were pleased, and so was I.
These campfire cupcakes are so easy to make! If you have a little helper to assemble them, it will be even more fun.
- One box chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients to make it (usually eggs, oil, and water)
- Orange frosting
- Yellow frosting
- Stick pretzels
- Mini marshmallows
- Cupcake liners
- Either make or buy white frosting. Color half of it yellow and half of it orange. Put both colors into one piping bag.
- Bake chocolate cupcakes according to the directions on the box. Let Cool.
- Poke two mini marshmallows onto a toothpick. Repeat 24 times.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes in the shape of a fire.
- Lay 3-5 pretzel "logs" onto the frosting fire.
- Poke the toothpick into the frosting. Enjoy!
You could bake the cupcake base ahead of time, and bring the rest of the ingredients with you to finish assembling on a camping trip for a fun activity.