Six years ago when we moved into our house, the owners left behind a lamp…
16 Favorite Amazon Christmas Gift Ideas
I decided it was about time to give you a list of my top sixteen absolute favorite things from Amazon. Do you buy anything from Amazon? Do you have favorite things that you have purchased more than once? I would like to hear about them in the comments!
I’ve included items for moms, organizers, kids, and whoever does the laundry at your house. If you like this list– do please feel free to share it or Pin for later.
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases that you make when you click on these links. It does not cost you anything extra.
(*This post may contain affiliate links. By purchasing anything from these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. More information is available on my Disclosure page.)
These are my favorite items from Amazon over the past ten years, and I am going to share them with you here for the first time. Click on the picture or the highlighted text to be taken to the item on Amazon’s website. With the exception of the very first item, I have and use and LOVE all of these gift ideas. They all come very highly recommended. Do you have a question about one of these gift ideas that I didn’t cover? I’d love to answer it, so do please ask me in the comments below.
- For the mom-to-be, mom-with-small-kids, or child caregiver in your life, this Fisher Price Fastfinder Backpack is amazing. It has tiny tags showing which zipper holds the bottle, or the diapers, or the pacifier. It is absolutely perfect! And it has a pocket specifically for diaper wipes that are ready to use instantly. In my opinion, a backpack for a diaper bag is an automatic choice. It leaves you with both hands free to maneuver your children. When our kids were small, I used a plain, large school backpack that wasn’t feminine so that my husband would be more inclined to carry it. But just a few days ago I saw someone wearing this Fisher Price backpack. WOW!!! I will be keeping this in mind the next time I need a baby shower gift!
- For the Crafty person, the teacher, or the student in your life– this is a fantastic organization rolling tote. I have one, and it is a lifesaver! There are tons of pockets in different sizes and styles– flap pockets, zipper mesh pockets, marker/pen organizers, all on the inside and the outside of the tote– with plenty of room inside for large files/items. I home school, so this is perfect for when I need to bring the kids’ schoolwork, teacher manuals, pens, pencils, erasers, paper, flashcards— (in other words, EVERYTHING!!) with me!!
- [And if you get the tote (or even if you don’t) I highly recommend these removable tabs. I’ve been using them for everything for years. Put them and other supplies in the tote pockets for a fabulous gift effect.]
- For the little girl in your life, a matching outfit for her and her doll will bring many happy smiles. It could be a dress, or a pajama set. When you click on the links above, you will see several more color options and styles to choose from. (*The set pictured was a gift; not actually purchased by me.)
- For the children or the music lover in your life, this classical music CD is very fun. They put humorous words to familiar songs. After the songs, the music without words automatically plays next. This is a great way to teach the classics to children who don’t know them yet.
- For the child or even the adult in your life, this Jesus Storybook Bible is a child’s Bible story book unlike any other one I’ve ever seen. We’ve had ours for 8 years. It was interesting enough that I did not mind reading it over and over to my kids. The introduction is thought provoking. The illustrations are very colorful and well done. I’m not the only person who loves this book. It has a five star rating on Amazon with nearly 3,000 reviews.
- For the children in your life, this set of 4 DVDs about the way God created our amazing bodies will capture their attention. My children are fascinated by the amazing ways our bodies are designed to work. They have watched these DVDs over and over again.
To Be Cozy and Warm
- For the chilly person in your life, this electric blanket is perfect. This blanket is very soft and warm on its own, but the electric option is great for wintertime. It has dual controls so that you can use it in your bed, and it won’t bother the hot person who is already warm enough. It comes in various colors, but I have the ivory/ cream colored one. Mine is king sized, but all sizes are available.
If you are concerned about safety while you sleep, then I recommend turning the blanket on 2-3 hours before you go to bed. Then turn it off, and slide into a toasty warm bed, instead of a freezing one. (Or maybe your house is not as cold as mine? We generally keep our heat set at 64-68 degrees during the winter.)
- This is another, smaller item for the chilly person in your life. I liked these socks for myself so much that I have given them as gifts! They come in plain colors, but I like these colorful ones that I own. They are great quality, and have lasted a long time.
Office Nursery Office
- For the multi-purpose chair needs in your life, this Swivel Rocker and Recliner with Glider Footstool is amazing– I bought mine nearly 10 years ago. We were living in our condo and expecting our first child. The office was going to become an office/ nursery, and I needed a rocker to rock the expected baby. I wanted the rocker to swivel, so that it could double as an office chair and we could easily turn it around to use at the computer desk. This lightweight rocking chair is amazing!! It reclines, so that when you are dead tired rocking a baby, you can lean back, with your feet up on the gliding footstool, and rock in a reclining position. It will also lock into a reclined position, so that it will not rock if you wish.
I use mine with a pillow and covered with a large blanket or sheet, so that I can wash the blanket instead of the chair as needed. (Once I did take it all apart and wash the fabric covering the cushions. Also, mine is a different lighter color than the one now available.)
This chair is now at my teacher’s homeschooling desk and I use it almost every day. The swiveling feature is still very handy. I have certainly gotten my money’s worth out of it. It is on the smaller side, but just absolutely perfect for our needs (which is why I was willing to spend the $ on it in the first place).
- For the active outdoor person in your life, this DVD and book for how to ski will help the beginner or the expert skier. My husband is the expert, and I am the beginner. We both love the tips that this DVD gives. It is short and to the point, and we would watch it at the beginning of each skiing season (back when we used to ski). (Please ignore the $147 price tag– just click on the “used” option after clicking on this picture.)
For the Laundry Room
- For whoever does the laundry at your house, this Drying Rack is great for laying out clothes to dry that you don’t want to shrink in the dryer. I bought mine over six years ago and it still works great. (Amazon does not carry the exact one that I bought, but this one is the same style.) It is very sturdy, and folds up fairly flat when you are not using it. The thick rods keep your clothes from getting a line crease in them while drying. I don’t like to use the dryer for a lot of my clothes, and this clothes drying rack almost always has clothes drying on it at my house. You can also use it for beach towels or swimming clothes.
- For the organizer in the kitchen, bathroom, or garage– I bought this Magnetic Tool Holder originally intending to use it in my kitchen for knives and things. After some thought, I ended up using it in my Upstairs Bathroom Medicine Cabinet instead. It is very handy for holding fingernail clippers, tweezers, safety pins, barrettes, bobby pins– anything metal! The hooks will hold some of your non-metal items. I love mine so much– I really should buy another one for my downstairs bathroom. I think I will put it on my Christmas list! : ) : )
- For the Fix-It person or the gardener in your life, these rolls of double sided velcro tape will come in very handy. The velcro can attach to anything by wrapping it around and attaching it to itself again– no other twisty ties or anything needed. It is perfect for staking up plants or bushes. It can hold lids onto containers so they don’t fly off in the wind. You can give away one roll and keep one for yourself. You will wonder how you ever managed without it! I have white, but it comes in a variety of colors.
For Animal Lovers
- For the cat-lover in your life, this covered litter box keeps the litter from scattering all over the place when their cat scratches at the litter. I bought mine four years ago, and it is still fantastic. I took off the swinging plastic door. I think our full grown cat likes her privacy!
For the Person who has Everything
- For that hard-to-buy-for person in your life who already has everything, I bet that they do not have these amazing glass straws, that come with their own little brush to clean them!
And that is the end of my list.
If you think this is a Great Gift List, or maybe even the best gift ideas ever, let me know in the comments! : ) What are some of your favorite things to purchase from Amazon?
Leave a Reply