Update: We made SIX batches of these this year! My children and I love decorating…
Do you have a favorite cut out cookie recipe? I do! I’ve been making this cookie recipe for nearly 20 years, but this is the first time that I made it for Valentine’s Day. I love how they turned out!
I hope you enjoy watching the video below.
(*This post may contain affiliate links. By purchasing anything from these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. More information is available on my Disclosure page.)
The Best Homemade Valentine Cut Out Cookie Recipe Ever by B4andAfters on Jumprope.
More Details on My Favorite Cut Out Cookie Recipe
These cookies are so good I have one child who actually prefers them without frosting! To get ALL the details on how to make these cookies, go to The Best Cookie Cutter Recipe.
After all these years of making cookies, I finally figured out that I could put down some brown packaging paper saved from a box, to catch all the crumbs on the table. You could also use a disposable table cloth. It makes cleanup so much easier!!
These cookies look so pretty in little treat bags for gift giving.
These cut-out cookies even taste good without frosting! They use no rising ingredients, and keep their shape when baked.
- 2 sticks butter
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 c. white sugar
- 1 egg YOLK
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2¼ c. flour
- Cream butter and cream cheese at room temperature with mixer until blended.
- Add sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Beat until blended.
- Add flour a little at a time until blended. Dough will be thick and you may need to mix by hand instead of with a mixer.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Roll thin, cut out with cookie cutters, and bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees until just starting to brown.
- Let cool before removing from cookie sheet.
- Frost with frosting or glaze if desired.
This recipe doubles or triples easily.