Happy Almost Thanksgiving! I trust that you have many blessings to be thankful for this…
I made an easy pecan pie. I want to share it with you in time for Thanksgiving. The recipe is at the end of the post.
(*This post may contain affiliate links. By purchasing anything from these links, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you. More information is available on my Disclosure page.)
I have tried making this pie with dark brown sugar instead of the white sugar pictured. I couldn’t tell much difference in taste or anything else, except for the slightly darker color. I prefer brown sugar over white sugar whenever I can, so that will probably be what I use for the future. You beat the eggs lightly, then mix in everything except the pecans.
Then add the pecans.
Here is the pie unbaked.
And here it is puffed up, fresh out of the oven. It sank down a little as it cooled.
It was delicious. Even my husband who doesn’t like nut pies liked it!
I have a recipe for a pecan cheesecake pie. I’ll have to make that again soon…
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup sugar, white or brown
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pastry shell
- Lightly beat the eggs.
- Mix in everything except the pecans and pie shell.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Pour into the pie shell, cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil, bake 20-30 minutes longer or until puffed up and baked throughout.
- Cool, and store in the refrigerator.